Sunday, June 23, 2013

Areeza 6/23/13

Asalaam Alaaykum Ya Imam e Zaman (as)!


O Imam! You said, "I will be like the sun
Veiled by the clouds ….”
And I do not see the sun on a dark day.

Yet surely even in darkness my heart beholds you,
And is bleached from the light
Of your radiant, pure soul.

O Imam! I await you!
I await the sun's rays on my face -
The joy of warmth that I remember without having felt!

For surely my heart basks in sunshine,
Delighting in the warmth of God’s Mercy
That made me love you.

'Aritha - send a letter to Imam Zaman (as)
From History Behind Masjid Jamarkan Along with Selected Supplications, translated by Saleem Bhimji:

[Writing letters ('Aritha) to the Imam (as) is one of the best ways for us to keep in contact with him. We are able to express our feelings to him and if we have any difficulties or problems, then we can ask him for help.

In his book, Muntaha al-Amal, the Late Muhaddith Qummi relates from Allamah Majlisi that, 'Whoever has any wish, should write the following Dua down on paper and write his wishes. It should then be placed in the metal enclosure around the grave of an Imam (as), or sealed, wrapepd in mud and thrown in to a river, well, or pond. In this way, it will reach Sahib al Asr wa al-Zaman (as), and he will be obliged to answer one's requests.] Maybe he can get it electronically, too, Allah swt knows.


From Morals and Ethics:

[Ariza can be written to Imam-e-Zaman (as) whenever you feel a need or you are into a problem. No matter how big your problem Imam-e-Zamana is the Imam of our time & HE is a Hujjat from Allah (s.w.t). Allah has granted him the power & because of his existence this entire universe is in existence.

You can write in any language.

Our belief is that Imam as knows about all our affairs and is always ready to help us. He is aware of our action & he helps us even if we don’t ask or seek His (a.t.f.s) help.

“We are never neglectful of your guardianship nor are we ever unmindful of your remembrance”. (Behaarul Anwar, V. 53, pg. 176)

But if we write Ariza to Imam (as) then our belief comes to our action.

After writing the Ariza you can put the same it to Well, or in the earth or you can give it to zari (grave) of any Imam (a.s) which are in IRAQ/IRAN/Medina.

We Should inculcate the habit to write to Imam as whenever we are in difficulty rather than approaching someone who doesn’t have power over anything. Rather than writing a letter to a Minister or President we should write to our Master who has the control of our all affairs by will of Allah swt.

It always goes to Allah (swt). But unlike us, Imams (as) are infallibles and they hold a MUCH greater position in front of Allah (swt) and if we ask them to put forth our request in front of Allah (swt), if we go through them then Allah (swt) is going to accept our prayers faster. As has been said many times, tawassul is not wajib. You can pray directly too.

Your basic intention should be to ask the Imam to intercede on your behalf Insha'allah Imam as will heed your call.


Translation of Dua-e-Ariza


I have written to you O my master, may His mercy and blessing be on you, seeking a favour from you.

I have complained to you for what has happened to me seeking solutions firstly from Allah and then from you for a matter that has obsessed me.

I am helpless in combating the problem and for that I have resorted to seeking help from Allah and from you, knowing the status you have with Allah.

I am confident that you will help me get the solutions to my problems swiftly and that you will intercede on my behalf.

I am helpless and moreover I am sinful, so help O master and present this problem to Allah and I pray to Him that He will solve this quickly.

And grant me victory and success in finding the solution to my problems.

(Write your personal wishes and problems in the provided space - you can write with dots and dashes if you fear someone may read it that you do not wish to see it)

...................................................................................................................................


I am not able to carry or bear with it. Although I am responsible for the increase of my sins and ignorant about my responsibilities (Wajibaats) from Allah which are given to me.

So help me O my master. Peace be upon you during this time of problems and sorrow.

I present my prayers to Allah before I compensate and before my enemies engulf me, for you have shown me your blessings.

So I pray to Allah for great salvation and near victory with calmness from all fears,

for Allah is Most High and does what he wants. Allah is sufficient for me from the beginning and in my hopes.

Whatever Allah wishes there is neither strength nor any power except in Allah the High, the Great.



*When dropping the Ariza in the sea, we normally recite the following,

addressing Husayn bin Rawh, the 3rd Na’ib of the 12th Imam:

“O Husayn bin Rawh, Salamun Alykum.

I bear witness that you died in the path of Allah and (hence), you are alive and are sustained by Allah.

I am addressing you in your life which you lead with Allah – this is my note and wishes to the master of the Era,the 12th Imam (AS), so please hand it over to him for you are indeed trustworthy”.

No comments: